The vehicle level sensors used in different automotive control system:
- Headlight levelling control:
- this system guaranty that the vehicle doesn’t dazzle others users on the road.
- it also guaranty that the lighting range is always maintained.
- Active suspension control:
- comfort and safety: maintain chassis stability and vehicle height constant.
- safety and fun to drive: adapt suspension performances to road and drive conditions, and allow the driver select modes (sport, comfort).
- Load monitoring:
- for safety purpose the system monitor the vehicle load and balancing.
The sensor body is fixed on the chassis, and a rotational lever is attached on the wheel arm of the vehicle with a rod. This lever angle depends (and then the angle information provided by the sensor) on the angle of the wheel arm.